PRSA NCC Announces 2024 Leadership
WASHINGTON (November 16, 2023) – The Public Relations Society of America National Capital Chapter (PRSA NCC) announced today its incoming leaders for 2024. The 2024 board will be led by Karin Drinkhall, Director of Communications at CNA Corporation.
“I am grateful and enthusiastic for the opportunity to lead PRSA NCC in 2024. It will be an especially exciting year for us as it marks our Chapter’s 75th anniversary since our founding in 1949. We have a talented and motivated cohort of public relations leaders on our board this coming year, and I look forward to seeing what great things we will do together as a team to support our Chapter and its members.”
Karin has been a member of PRSA NCC for nearly 15 years, serving on the APR Committee for over a decade and holding the position of Treasurer on the Board in 2022. She has 25 years of experience in public relations, primarily in the DC area supporting clients in the Department of Defense and other government clients.
PRSA NCC, the nation’s largest and most active PRSA chapter, empowers its members through a diverse array of professional development programs, networking events, and leadership opportunities. The 2024 Board of Directors sets the Chapter’s strategic direction and oversees local programming spanning across professional and networking development events, membership, sponsorships, DEI, ethics, university relations, pro bono services, marketing, and Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) credentialing.
The 2024 PRSA NCC Board of Directors are:
- Karin Drinkhall, APR and PMP, Director of Communications at CNA Corporation
- Crystal Borde, Vice President and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Practice Lead, Vanguard Communications
- Rakeem Mosey, Communications Lead, The Bowen Group
- Megan Sweeney, Public Relations Director, American Staffing Association
Vice-President, Two-Year Term
- Oleta Rivero, Adjunct Professor, Southern New Hampshire University
- Jaya Koilpillai Bohlmann, Founder and Chief Consultant, Designing Communication
Vice-President, One-Year Term
- Tom Campbell, Communications Consultant
- Ruby Tavernier, Outreach Manager, House of Representatives
- Adiya Mobley, Senior Vice President and Partner, FleishmanHillard
- Mike Smith, CEO, GreenSmith PR and MSBD, Inc.
- Carol Wilkerson, Asst Vice President for Communications and Media Relations, American University
- John Yaglenski, Director of Communications and IT, IEEE-USA
- Southerlyn Marino Reisig, Founding Partner, Newport Partners Public Affairs
- Alicia Davidson, Corporate Marketing and Communications, Barbaricum
- Denise Douglas, Director of Communications, Prince George’s County State’s Attorney’s Office
- Larry Parnell, Associate Professor, The George Washington University
Immediate Past President
Leah Dergachev, Chief Storyteller, Austley
About PRSA National Capital Chapter
The PRSA National Capital Chapter (PRSA NCC) is an association of communications professionals in the Metropolitan Washington region. As the largest PRSA chapter in the country, NCC advances the local communications profession by fostering collaboration, enhancing knowledge and skills and creating connections through robust, up-to-date, and inclusive educational, networking, and professional growth opportunities. For more information, please visit prsancc.org, or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Join in the conversation by using the hashtag, #PRSANCC