WHAT ARE THE THOTH AWARDS?
The Public Relations Society of America’s National Capital Chapter (PRSA NCC) sponsors its annual, local awards competition to recognize and reward outstanding achievement in external communications and public relations, and to encourage continued excellence in the field.
The Awards recognize the most exceptional, strategic public relations programs and components developed and produced in the Greater Washington, D.C. area. Achievements are recognized in 24 categories, including:
- 12 program categories that celebrate the best PR campaigns
- 6 component categories that highlight top accomplishments in PR tactics
- The prestigious Institute of Public Relations Research, Measurement and Evaluation Award (Entries in this category will be judged by the Institute for Public Relations)
- We also have 5 agency and communication Team Awards
Finalists in each category will be notified by email. The Award winners will be announced at the Awards event. Date and time forthcoming due to the novel coronavirus.
One award is presented in each category to demonstrate the highest achievement. A certificate is given to best demonstration in that category.
Here’s How to Get Started
To enter, go to the online entry portal and create an account if you don’t already have one.
First time entering? You are eligible for a discount. Contact Aprill O. Turner, Awards chair at email@example.com to learn more.
Need Some Help?
Check out this short video offering advice on submitting an award entry.
Awards are given for the best campaigns and top accomplishments in PR tactics. Award categories include:
- Community Relations
- Reputation/Brand Management
- Events and Observances
- Public Service
- Public Affairs
- Crisis Communications
- Internal Communications
- Multicultural Public Relations
- Media Relations – Business
- Media Relations – Government
- Media Relations – Nonprofit/Association
- Integrated Communications-Consumer Products or Services
- Integrated Communications- Business-to-Business
- Integrated Communications- Government
- Integrated Communications- Associations/Nonprofit Organizations
- Pro Bono Public Relations
- Integrated Media Relations
- Social Media
- News Release/Announcement
- Publications, Newsletters and Blogs (Print and Online):
- Websites (External, Internal or Extranets)
- Internal and External Video
Additional categories include:
Institute for Public Relations’ Research, Measurement and Evaluation Award
Agency & Special Team Awards:
- Small PR Agency of the Year
- Large PR Agency of the Year
Communication Team Categories:
- Government Communication Team of the Year
- Nonprofit Communication Team of the Year
- Corporate Communication Team of the Year
Congratulations to all of the 2019 Thoth Winners
The American Farm Bureau Federation and National Farmers Union received the Best in Show award for its entry: Farm Town Strong: Overcoming the Rural Opioid Epidemic.
The American Farm Bureau Federation and National Farmers Union joined forces to address the opioid epidemic that is increasingly affecting rural communities. Their Farm Town Strong campaign had a significant impact in promoting life-saving prevention and treatment information, reducing stigma and influencing public opinion about opioid addiction in rural America.
You can view a complete list of the 2019 winners here.