The National Capital Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is one of the most established professional and career development networks for communications pros in the country.
As the largest chapter of the national PRSA organization, representing the Washington, D.C. metro area, our membership of over 1,000 represents nearly every practice area and professional and academic setting within the communications field.
To become a part of the chapter, you’ll need to join the national PRSA organization. PRSA connects you to a network of over 21,000 professionals through local and regional communities, high-quality events, and industry-specific groups. PRSA members get access to:
- Free monthly webinars
- Discounts for PRSA workshops and conferences
- PRSA’s member-only daily e-newsletter, Issues & Trends
- PRSA’s online community forums & more
PRSA NCC Members Enjoy Numerous Additional Benefits
As a chapter member, you’ll have the ability to grow your network, attend local professional development and social events, and enhance your experience as a PRSA member. Some additional benefits include:
Our industry moves quickly and is constantly evolving. Whether you’re looking for an intensive study, a professional mentorship or a quick educational refresh, our chapter offers insightful and immersive professional development opportunities that will help you keep up with the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Enjoy discounted access to dozens of professional development events each year in the D.C. area
- Keep up with Jobline, our chapter’s invaluable database for job seekers and employers
- Become a mentor or mentee through our chapter’s mentorship program
- Prepare for your Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) with support from our local APR Committee
Networking & Engagement
We’re your built-in brain trust. PRSA NCC events and engagement opportunities ensure you’re always cultivating a growing and active network of public relations professionals with whom to share ideas, gain insights and solicit advice – no matter what the topic.
- Attend one of our regular networking events to meet fellow members, share ideas and grow your local network
- Join one of our many committees to support the chapter, get to know new colleagues and grow your skills
- Become a part of the PRSA NCC leadership to help grow and advance our profession in the Washington, D.C. area
- Read our PRSA NCC Insider monthly email newsletter to stay up-to-date on our chapter’s people, events and programs
Have questions? Contact the National Capital Chapter at: firstname.lastname@example.org or PRSA National at: email@example.com. In order to become a PRSA National Capital Chapter member, you must be a member of PRSA.