Deadline Extended for the National Capital Excellence in Communication Awards
Public relations professionals invited to enter best work of 2020
WASHINGTON, D.C. (August 16, 2021) — The entry period has been extended until Friday, Aug. 20, 2021, for one of the greater Washington, D.C. area’s most prestigious public relations recognition programs, the National Capital Excellence in Communication Awards. PRSA NCC invites brands, agencies and professionals in the Washington area to submit their communication campaigns or components for its annual awards program until 11:59 p.m. EDT on Aug. 20.
The Public Relations Society of America – National Capital Chapter (PRSA NCC) sponsors the annual competition to recognize and reward outstanding achievement in public relations and to encourage continued excellence in the field. PRSA NCC will honor the award winners at the 53rd National Capital Excellence in Communication Awards event to be held virtually on the evening of Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021.
This year’s awards recognize strategic public relations programs and components developed and produced in calendar year 2020 in 27 categories, including:
- 14 program categories that celebrate the best PR campaigns;
- New categories, including campaigns that promote diversity, equity and inclusion, demonstrate innovation in a time of COVID-19, market to influencers and combat misinformation;
- Seven component categories that highlight top accomplishments in PR tactics, including small-budget media relations campaigns, social media and public service announcements;
- The prestigious Institute of Public Relations Research, Measurement and Evaluation Award; and
- Small and large PR agency awards, and awards for government, nonprofit and corporate communication teams.
“After an unprecedented year and a half, this is an opportunity to showcase your organization’s extraordinary successes in the areas of website, videos, social media and PSAs, as well as to celebrate your team’s accomplishments and raise your industry profile,” PRSA NCC President Lauren Lawson-Zilai said.
Details about the competition, including the categories, rules and entry fees and deadlines, can be found on the award entry website.
About PRSA’s National Capital Chapter
The National Capital Chapter of PRSA (PRSA NCC) is a professional public relations association of nearly 1,000 members in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan region. PRSA NCC provides professional development programs, accreditation instruction, networking and contributions to a local nonprofit. PRSA NCC also promotes public relations education through five area Public Relations Society of America student chapters. For more information, please visit www.prsancc.org or call (703) 691-9212. Connect with us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @PRSA_NCC with #PRSANCC and #2021ECAs.
Elizabeth Thiel Mather, PRSA NCC National Capital Excellence in Communication Awards Chair
email@example.com, (757) 319-3664