Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) are imperatives for the Public Relations Society of America National Capital Chapter. We have a Board approved diversity commitment, added DEI goals and metrics to our Chapter’s strategic plan. We have collaborated with board members, committee chairs and the volunteers and constituents they engage with to find ways to address potential bias in their various processes.
As we continue along our DEI journey, it’s important we continue to amplify and engage diverse voices of PR professionals while advancing DEI in our Chapter and profession.
The DEI Committee identifies and supports the DEI needs of PRSA NCC in the areas of race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression and identity, sexual orientation, age, ability and other diversity dimensions. Committee members serve as ambassadors within the chapter, ensuring that DEI is embedded into the chapter’s culture, communications, programming and operations. Committee members also serve as thought partners to the PRSA NCC board and Management Committee to recommend DEI strategies that advance our profession and our chapter.
Join us to make a difference. Contact Diti Bhasin and Joseph Dawson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month from 5-5:30 p.m. EDT and are open to both members and non-members.
2021 DEI Committee Priorities:
Our theme for 2021 is to Amplify Diverse Voices. The following priorities were developed to help us execute on this theme.
• Priority 1: Develop and execute DEI content strategy.
• Priority 2: Host professional development sessions on DEI to support people on their learning journeys to be more inclusive.
• Priority 3: Evolve our focus to include equity by documenting ways to ensure our Chapter processes are equitable.
• PR’s Role in Advancing Diversity and Inclusion – Professional Development OnDemand
• DEI-related PRSA NCC Blog content
• PRSA Diversity and Inclusion Toolkit – English | Spanish
• PRSA Voices4Everyone
• National Capital Excellence in Communication Awards – DEI Category