- February 12, 2020
3:00 am EST - 10:00 am EST
8:30-9:00am: registration, continental breakfast, networking
9:00am–3:00pm: program (lunch included)
Register today to participate in this comprehensive, instructor-led professional development workshop that previous attendees have labeled as “brilliant,” “informative” and “engaging.” This hands-on program presents management skills and techniques to PR professionals in all types of work settings who yearn to become more inspiring and revered leaders of people, projects and programs. It will teach you new and innovative ways to motivate and manage the individuals on your team, how to influence the decision-makers whose decisions affect you, and how to be smart when it comes to assigning tasks, allocating finances, and supervising resources.
“From PR Manager to PR Leader” utilizes real-life PR management-based examples and scenarios and employs an engaging and interactive format that allows participants to address their specific management and leadership challenges.
This workshop is ideal for new or first-time PR managers who want to take their career to the next level.
- The differences between managers and leaders and the skills you need to lead
- How to become self-aware, lead by example, and develop the skills that inspire and motivate people and teams
- How to manage expectations, juggle projects and achieve that elusive work/life balance
- How to manage “up” so your boss will recognize your leadership skills
- How to handle difficult colleagues, irate clients, and other emotionally charged people
- How to effortlessly manage both sides of the client-agency relationship
President, Crystal Communications & Marketing, LLC,
Past President of the PRSA-National Capital Chapter.
Jeff Ghannam brings more than 20 years of experience in corporate and non-profit communications and journalism. He is president of Crystal Communications & Marketing, LLC, a consultancy serving the association and nonprofit community with integrated communications and marketing services and leadership training targeted at communications staff. Jeff’s career experience includes news reporting, editing, PR career coaching, and PR management, all of which led him to hone his management and leadership skills. Jeff has conducted several leadership training workshops for organizations that want to maximize their human resources potential so they can better achieve their strategic objectives.