- Session 1
September 15, 2020
9:15 am EDT - 10:45 am EDT
- Session 2
September 17, 2020
9:15 am EDT - 10:45 am EDT
Crafting content for digital channels has never been more important. The shift away from traditional media to digital channels continues to accelerate, with the new normal of “working remotely” shifting people’s behaviors overnight. While marketers have long practiced how to tell their stories, they often neglected the critical need to drive these stories.
This online program will focus on writing for social media, first, with a focus on understanding our audiences by listening and responding to them, and then putting these lessons into practice with an interactive exercise. Now is the time to improve how your organization connects with people wherever they are through the written word.
This interactive, online program will run in two sessions, on Tuesday, September 15, 2020, and Thursday, September 17, 2020, with an optional assignment in between. Live sessions will take place from 9:15 am – 10:45 am.
- Review best practices across various social channels, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Introduction to the 5 C’s of Audience Intelligence: Communities, Conversations, Content, Channels and Competitors/Peers, with an optional research assignment between Session 1 and Session 2
- Examples of how to motivate your audience by using the around the 6 Engagement Drivers: Elevate, Empower, Ease, Entertain, Entice and Educate
About the Instructor
Anthony Shop is Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer of Social Driver, a digital services firm that helps companies and non-profits establish winning strategies with social media, websites, content, and advertising. Anthony is also Chairman of the National Digital Roundtable, the premier convener of digital innovators, leaders and policy shapers. Anthony has been recognized as an “OUTstanding LGBT Role Model” by the Financial Times and “40 Under 40” by the Washington Business Journal. A former newspaper reporter, Anthony was the first new media professional elected to the prestigious National Press Club’s Board of Governors. Prior to founding Social Driver, he served as press secretary for a top U.S. congressional race and as a journalist. He earned his MBA from The George Washington University School of Business, where he has taught as an adjunct lecturer.
Writing Workshop Package Discount
If you are interested in registering for both this program and the Writing for the Web program:
- PRSA NCC members can get a discounted package rate of $299 for both programs.
- Non-members of the NCC chapter can register for both programs at a discounted package rate of $339.
Venue: ZOOM Meeting