- Session 1
September 22, 2020
9:15 am EDT - 10:45 am EDT
- Session 2
September 24, 2020
9:15 am EDT - 10:45 am EDT
Writing well is not the same thing as writing well for the web. Web writers must not only understand how people digest content, but also how they find it when searching or browsing, access it across various devices, navigate the site it is on, and share it with others. The conventional wisdom of a few years ago may no longer be relevant today, especially as traffic shifts to mobile and search shifts to voice.
This workshop will serve as a guide for those who want to better leverage their current website or who are looking to make a change and rethink their website altogether. The lessons learned will be applicable for both B2B and B2C audiences.
This interactive, online program will run in two sessions, on Tuesday, September 22, 2020, and Thursday, September 24, 2020, with an optional assignment in between. Live sessions will take place from 9:15 am – 10:45 am.
- Review how writing affects the abilities of your website to achieve business goals, including: Visibility, Usability, Accessibility, Shareability
- Explore how search engines read your content and what it means for Google rankings and traffic and learn research tricks and tips for those who are not technical, with an optional research assignment between Session 1 and Session 2
- Learn best practices for how to structure web content, whether you are planning for a new website or restructuring an existing one
About the Instructor
Anthony Shop is Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer of Social Driver, a digital services firm that helps companies and non-profits establish winning strategies with social media, websites, content, and advertising. Anthony is also Chairman of the National Digital Roundtable, the premier convener of digital innovators, leaders and policy shapers. Anthony has been recognized as an “OUTstanding LGBT Role Model” by the Financial Times and “40 Under 40” by the Washington Business Journal. A former newspaper reporter, Anthony was the first new media professional elected to the prestigious National Press Club’s Board of Governors. Prior to founding Social Driver, he served as press secretary for a top U.S. congressional race and as a journalist. He earned his MBA from The George Washington University School of Business, where he has taught as an adjunct lecturer.
Writing Workshop Package Discount
If you are interested in registering for both this program and the Writing for Social Media program:
- PRSA NCC members can get a discounted package rate of $299 for both programs.
- Non-members of the NCC chapter can register for both programs at a discounted package rate of $339.
Venue: ZOOM Meeting