Website 340B Health
340B Health is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our growing nonprofit trade association.
This team member will be responsible for supporting the organization’s communications functions, including media monitoring and tracking, social media posting and scheduling, metrics reporting, podcast and video production support, and other communications team administrative support. This position is an excellent opportunity for a candidate interested in communications, public relations, and creative content production.
340B Health, based in Washington, D.C., represents more than 1,400 public and private nonprofit hospital members that participate in the 340B drug pricing program, which supports the health care safety net.
- Monitor traditional and social media feeds for content about the 340B drug pricing program (and other relevant issues) and provide reports to staff
- Schedule and post daily social media content for 340B Health and the 340B Coalition
- Produce monthly media metrics reports for communications and leadership teams measuring organizational share of voice and impact of communications efforts
- Maintain lists of media contacts, consultants, and engaged members/allies
- Provide content management support for the 340bhealth.org newsroom, blog, and other communications pages
- Assist in 340B Health multimedia production, including social media, video, and podcast content
- Provide basic graphics support for 340B Health websites and social media platforms
- Perform other content management duties as assigned
- Provide basic administrative support for the communications team
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree required
- 1+ years’ work or internship experience in communications, public relations, or content management a plus
Skills and abilities:
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work well with team members across functional areas
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects
- Ability to think creatively and take initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in social media platforms
Other pertinent information:
- Staff are currently required to work in the office in the office on a 2-3 days per week schedule during the COVID pandemic. A permanent policy has not yet been established, and we expect some telecommuting to be allowed when a policy is made permanent.
- Some travel required, including to twice-yearly conferences
- All 340B Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) current guidelines. We also require that all employees receive booster vaccines per CDC guidelines. Proof of receiving the required doses of one of the vaccines approved in the U.S. and receiving a booster vaccination shall be a condition of employment. 340B Health will consider exemption requests from candidates who cannot be vaccinated due to disability, medical contraindication, or sincerely held religious beliefs and those who claim an exemption under applicable state law.
- The description above is not intended to enumerate all duties and/or responsibilities of the position
How to apply:
About the organization:
340B Health assists safety-net hospitals to provide services to more patients with low incomes and those living in rural areas. We focus on protecting the federal 340B drug pricing program so it continues to play its critical role of subsidizing the health care safety net.
340B Health supports a collaborative working environment and recognizes the importance of each position’s value in meeting organizational goals. 340B Health offers an exceptional compensation package including competitive salary, health, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, retirement plan matching, and more.
We strive to create a meaningful work environment for all our employees, one in which diverse teams and diverse ideas are valued. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected characteristic. Hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds helps keep our organization vital and strong.
Please see the "How to Apply" section within the job description and qualifications.