Website 340B Health
340B Health seeks a Digital Public Affairs Manager to join our team. The position plays a key role in advancing the organization’s digital communications strategy through social media content, video and graphics projects, podcast episodes, and other multimedia platforms. This position is an excellent opportunity for a candidate interested in digital public affairs.
340B Health, based in Washington, D.C., represents more than 1,400 public and private nonprofit hospital members that participate in the 340B drug pricing program, which supports the health care safety net.
- Develop and execute strategies for using a range of digital platforms to reach policymakers, advocates, and the public.
- Serve as the lead social media strategist for the organization and its leadership
- Create compelling visual and written social media content
- Produce regular episodes featuring 340B experts for the organization’s podcast
- Produce profiles of 340B providers and patients for the organization’s video series
- Measure the effectiveness of the organization’s digital communications
- Mobilize the organization’s members and allies on digital communications campaigns
- Provide content support for the organization’s newsroom, blog, and other website platforms
- Assist with twice-annual conferences as well as occasional webinars and regional roundtables
- Perform other communications duties as assigned
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 – 5 years of work in digital and social media communications
- Experience running paid social, digital, and search advertising campaigns
- Experience with health care advocacy or public relations a plus
Skills and abilities:
- High proficiency in digital and social media platforms
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Strong understanding of Excel pivot tables
- Strong writing skills
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with team members across functional areas
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects
- Ability to think creatively and take initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Other pertinent information:
- We strive to create a meaningful work environment for all our employees, one in which diverse teams and diverse ideas are valued. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected characteristic. Hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds helps keep our organization vital and strong.
- Staff are currently in the office a minimum of 2-3 days per week. A permanent policy on the number of days required to work in the office has not yet been established. Candidates for this position must live in or be relocating to the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area and be able to work in the D.C. office.
- 340B Health requires all employees for whom the COVID-19 vaccine has been approved for use by the World Health Organization (WHO) be vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after the single-dose J&J/Janssen vaccine. 340B Health will consider exemption requests from candidates who cannot be vaccinated due to disability, medical contraindication, or sincerely held religious beliefs and those who claim an exemption under applicable state law.
- Position requires limited domestic travel.
- The description above is not intended to enumerate all duties and/or responsibilities of the position.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit the 340B Health career center to access the online application process for this position. Please provide details about your experience with online advocacy communications campaigns, especially any paid strategy plans.
340B Health provides a market-leading salary and benefits package that includes:
- generous paid leave including federal holidays and December holiday week office closure
- employer matching retirement plan
- employer-supplemented medical, dental, and vision benefit plans including an employee assistance program
- pre-tax medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- paid disability and life insurance premiums
About the organization:
340B Health assists safety-net hospitals to provide services to more patients with low incomes and those living in rural areas. We focus on protecting the federal 340B drug pricing program so it continues to play its critical role of subsidizing the health care safety net.
To apply, please visit the 340B Health career center (www.340bhealth.org/about/careers/) to access the online application process for this position. Please provide details about your experience with online advocacy communications campaigns, especially any paid strategy plans.