Us: The professional home and leading national organization for health services researchers, policymakers, and health care practitioners and stakeholders. AcademyHealth – together with its members – increases the understanding of methods and data used in the field, enhances the professional skills of researchers and research users, and advocates for the use of evidence to improve health and health care for all. In 2020, we established three strategic priorities: science innovation; diversity, equity and inclusion, and health systems improvement, resilience and capacity.
You: An early career professional, with 3-5 years of experience, who is highly organized, a great writer, comfortable reviewing and understanding metrics, and eager to take on new challenges. Familiarity with health care issues and policy is beneficial, but not required. The ideal candidate asks questions like, “what do we know about our members and their needs; what information do we need to make better decisions about engaging them; and what can we learn from the ways people interact with us now?”
How you’ll contribute:
The Marketing Associate will use analytic and creative skills to power effective marketing campaigns that increase engagement with AcademyHealth through membership, conferences and other virtual and in-person events. The position compiles, maintains and learns from membership and marketing data, supports marketing efforts for several AcademyHealth programs and initiatives, and helps create and deploy effective marketing content engages the diverse audiences that our organization serves. The associate reports to the Senior Director of Communications and Marketing, and works closely with the Marketing Manager, Digital Strategies Associate, and Art Director.
- Lead the marketing efforts for AcademyHealth scholarships, fellowships, awards, orientations, and webinars.
- Assist with the promotion of AcademyHealth’s suite of conferences.
- Write and edit marketing materials, including website, email, collateral, and social media content.
- Collect and report metrics on the results of marketing and communications campaigns, analyze results and recommend future strategies based on data-driven insights.
- Research and build new and diverse audience and marketing contact lists.
- Collaborate closely with IT and membership teams to understand our various audiences, their diverse needs, and purchasing and engagement patterns.
- Ensure data integrity and list management for the marketing and communications team.
- Understands basic principles of data-driven marketing and the connection between data analytics and marketing strategy.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thinks proactively and takes initiative.
- Loves being part of a dynamic, collaborative team.
- Communicates well in person and in writing, creates compelling copy and loves a good marketing visual.
- Knows how to wrest productivity and knowledge from technology – familiar with common database, analytics, and collaboration software.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or data science preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
What you should know:
- AcademyHealth is a hybrid work environment, with options for remote and in office work.
- AcademyHealth requires all employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office, unless entitled to an accommodation.
- Applicants outside the metropolitan DC area are encouraged to apply.
- We will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions.
- A limited amount of travel to meetings is expected.
- AcademyHealth offers a collegial work environment, countless professional development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The salary range is $55,000- $63,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample and three references (with emails) to Human Resources via email: email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.