Amazon is seeking an exceptionally bright and self-motivated individual to support our Transportation & Sustainability team in Arlington, VA.
This role will report directly to the Chief of Staff, Public Policy, and provide administrative and substantive policy support for our Transportation & Sustainability leadership, including background research, preparing briefing materials, calendaring, expense reconciliation, and booking travel as needed. The role also will support the growing Public Policy team on project-based matters related to external policy engagement and internal/external-facing projects and initiatives. Finally, this role will assist Public Policy leadership on specific day-to-day deliverables and big picture projects.
The position requires superior attention to detail, writing/proofreading proficiency, the ability to meet tight deadlines, great organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside of the company is important. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture.
This position will be based in Arlington, VA.
• At least 2+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant
• Experience with supporting multiple leaders
• Experience with executive level calendar management
• Experience with domestic and/or international travel coordination
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• An ability and desire to travel is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Apply directly to: https://amazon.jobs/en/jobs/2155277/executive-assistant-public-policy