Amazon is looking for an experienced PR professional to join the Books PR team. The team’s mission is to inspire a love of reading and your role would be to identify and respond to emerging topics and issues across the Books business. This position is for someone who is highly motivated and committed to protecting and promoting the reputation of Amazon Books through reactive communication with journalists and the development of Amazon’s positions. The issues role can be unpredictable, but never boring, and requires ownership and a collaborative attitude with internal stakeholders.
This role can be based in Seattle, WA, New York, NY, or Arlington, VA.
Key job responsibilities
- This role will help manage day-to-day reactive media inquiries, while developing forward-looking scenario plans.
- You must be able to think and communicate clearly to address complicated scenarios.
- You would be responsible for developing external statements and responses and will need to have exceptional writing skills, as well as the ability to manage feedback and edits quickly and concisely.
Core responsibilities include:
- Monitor, assess, escalate and resolve a variety of situations occurring simultaneously with excellent judgement.
- Formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media outlets/reporters to discuss and manage tough stories, correct inaccuracies, and establish a connection point for future story development.
- Proactively publicize Amazon’s book shopping experience.
- Write articles to demonstrate Amazon’s positions on issues in the Books business.
- Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ years of experience in public relations
- Experience or interest in the book publishing industry
- High judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to operate with ambiguity and show a bias for action
- Ability to earn trust with diverse, multidisciplinary stakeholders
Inclusive Team Culture Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Apply directly to: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/2044668/principal-corporate-communications