Amazon is seeking an experienced, driven, and detail-oriented Senior Analyst Relations (AR) Manager to build, drive, and scale a new AR program from the ground up for Amazon’s Physical Retail Technology services. You will design and lead the Physical Retail Technology AR program – covering services such as Just Walk Out technology, Amazon One, and Amazon Dash Cart – and report into the Physical Retail Public Relations (PR) team.
This role can be located in Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Boston, MA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Austin, TX; New York City, NY; Los Angeles, CA; or Arlington, VA.
You should have extensive experience in building and scaling AR programs, developing and executing strategies, collaborating closely with varied stakeholders across multiple business areas, formulating sound recommendations and communicating them to senior leaders, and consistently delivering results. You should have a deep technology background, B2B and B2C experience, and excellent instincts and judgement. You must be comfortable working through ambiguity, balancing strategic thinking and detailed execution, and working both collaboratively and independently as needed.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop, execute, and scale a Physical Retail Technology AR program to educate the analyst community on our technologies and services
- Proactively manage analyst reports, vendor ratings, and related content to secure positive placement and results
- Build and update ongoing core messaging materials for the analyst community
- Prepare and evolve presentation materials for Amazon executive spokespeople for analyst briefings
- Drive alignment with key business counterparts and leaders
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges, both proactively and reactively
- Tackle deeply technical topics and make consumable for key analyst audiences
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of technology AR experience combining B2B and B2C work
- 5+ years of current experience directly interacting with major IT industry analyst firms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to understand and work with complex technical concepts
- Very good attention to detail
- Experience in writing and evolving clear messaging and plans
- Good ability to work in an ambiguous environment and quickly identify solutions to problems
- Good background in technology AR for large companies
- Experience in or clear understanding of PR, in addition to AR
- The ability to dive deep on subject matters to provide thoughtful and comprehensive recommendations for a variety of complex situations
- Track record of developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
- The ability to concisely and effectively express your point of view
- A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with leaders at all levels
Inclusive Team Culture Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Apply directly to: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/2081183/senior-analyst-relations-manager-physical-retail