Website Catholic Charities DC
The largest independent social services agency in D.C., seeks a communications professional to support its community service goals through powerful storytelling.
More than 192,000 people facing poverty were served by Catholic Charities DC programs last year, with 3.5 million meals being given away and more than 7,000 people receiving legal services and 8,000 people receiving dental and health care.
Key responsibilities for this full-time position are working with the media and enhancing awareness of the agency’s social services among the donor community, general public and business community. The position also contributes to storytelling for the web and publications. The senior communications and marketing manager works closely with the director of communications and marketing to help shape and implement a strategic communications plan and an editorial calendar.
Responsibilities also include:
- Proactively pitching stories to key media about the agency’s programs and its experts on social services and poverty.
- Monitoring press coverage and overseeing department’s media-monitoring software and production of reports about coverage.
- Coordinating and writing content that promotes, educates and celebrates the work of the agency, including press releases, annual report articles, blog posts, newsletter articles, speech talking points.
- Developing articles, op-eds and letters to the editor and other content for placement in the media.
The successful candidate will possess these skills and experiences:
- Five years of experience in communications, public relations or journalism.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- High levels of creativity and initiative. Demonstrated expertise in a broad range of business communication skills.
- Strategic mindset and experience managing projects.
- Working knowledge of the greater Washington metropolitan area media.
- Experience in digital content creation.
- Experience with a news-clip database and PR software.
- Strong customer-service orientation and team-work approach.
Who we are: Catholic Charities DC is the largest independent social services agency in the Metropolitan D.C. area. As the charitable arm of the Archdiocese of Washington, Catholic Charities invests in communities by providing critical services to hundreds of thousands of people in need throughout the District of Columbia and Montgomery, Prince George’s, Charles, Calvert and St. Mary’s counties in Maryland. The organization works tirelessly to give help that empowers and hope that lasts to those it serves regardless of background, belief, or circumstance. For more information, visit catholiccharitiesdc.org and follow us on social media @CCADW.
Catholic Charities DC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Employee benefits include medical/dental/vision, PTO and retirement savings plan.
To apply, submit a resume to https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ARC1012CCADW/JobBoard/0e2fd504-4cf5-49a5-9eae-2bbfe7babd5b/?q=communications&o=relevance