Website CFP Board
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (“CFP Board”) — headquartered in Washington, D.C. — is the certifying body for financial planning professionals. It is a nonprofit organization that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics and other requirements for the CFP certification.
This position normally operates in a professional office environment. However, remote work may take place due to COVID-19 and any other pandemic or for any reason as determined by CFP Board’s CEO.
CFP Board seeks a highly motivated Communications Manager who will promote awareness and build recognition of CFP Board and CFP certification among the media, the public and key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will embrace open collaboration, possess intellectual curiosity and help the organization deliver results towards fulfilling our mission. The Communications Manager reports directly to the Director of Public Relations.
- Collaborates on strategy with Director of Public Relations, PR agency consultants and others to help achieve organization’s strategic goals
- Writes and edits press releases, bylined and op-ed articles, blog posts, Matte releases, long and short-form social media posts, talking points, audio/video scripts and PR materials
- Manages project workflow on all external communications activities including deliverables from various agencies and internal/external sources
- Manages CFP Board’s social media communities, regularly replying to comments, answering questions and looking for opportunities to join conversations
- Develops content and executes strategies for CFP Board’s Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube accounts; develops content for select LinkedIn and Twitter executive social media accounts
- Works with Director of Public Relations to develop overarching social media strategy
- Assists with department-specific and organization-wide projects and events such as the Center for Financial Planning’s communication needs
- Manages the output/content contributions of the CFP Board’s Ambassadors, who provide content for LetsMakeAPlan.org
- Serves as a secondary spokesperson and supports Director of Public Relations in managing media inquiries and interview requests. Leverages existing media relationships and cultivates new contacts within business and industry media to raise the visibility of CFP Board, its CFP® professionals and leadership.
- Prepares internal spokespeople for media interviews, including composing talking points, staffing interviews and conducting follow-up with reporters
- Oversees and manages database of media contacts and spokespeople
- Collaborates and maintains close relationships with cross-functional teams to maximize reach of social media efforts and ensure alignment across channels and content publishing/generating teams
- Uses analytics to boost engagement on all digital platforms, and uses metrics to measure success, shifting strategy when necessary
- Monitors print, broadcast, online and social media daily for CFP Board and industry-related news
- Prepares presentations/reports for staff as needed
- Attends firm/industry conferences where media may be present
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, public relations or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in public relations and/or external communications function
- Demonstrated proactive project management skills, ability to juggle short-term and long-term tasks/responsibilities on deadline
- Understanding of how to link communications activities to business strategy and goals
- Experience working directly with news media and comfortable engaging with reporters
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to convey complex information accurately and concisely in an understandable manner
- Skilled in creative writing; ability to effectively tell a story to a range of audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and establish strong working relationships with key colleagues within CFP Board and other departments
- Understanding and experience working with social media and other new media technologies
- Self-motivated, outcome-oriented worker who takes ownership of work product
- Practical problem-solving skills, including the ability to perceive and analyze problems and develop alternative solutions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube)
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the following link to apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=20f84007-6557-4ca6-9705-903adc7ccfcc&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=416328&source=CC2&lang=en_US