Website Conservation International
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Communications and Vice President of Media, the senior writer fulfills the critically important task of communicating Conservation International’s work in a strong, credible and consistent voice to a high-level public audience.
A chief focus of this position will be writing media statements, speeches, op-eds and talking points for Conservation International executives; other deliverables include web copy.
The preferred candidate will have experience researching, analyzing and distilling concepts related to science/business/environment/international development for a public audience.
Superior, deadline-driven research and writing skills are a must, but the successful candidate will also possess a flexible and collaborative spirit — and a sense of humor.
- Lead writing of major editorial products such as media statements speeches, talking points, and op-eds.
- Edit communications products — blog posts, emails, etc. — on an occasional basis.
- Contribute to development of alternative storytelling formats for Conservation International’s work.
- Help create content for executive presentations and speeches.
- Occasionally staff executives for public speaking events.
- Typical office environment.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and 7 or more years of professional experience within writing and editing experience for mainstream media, government agency, NGOs or scientific institution or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Executive-level speechwriting and staffing experience.
- Experience translating technical materials for an informed audience.
- Ability to travel.
To apply for this position please use the Taleo link below: https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CONSERVATION&cws=39&rid=1503