Website Consumer Healthcare Products Associations (CHPA)
Are you interested in serving as a communications subject matter expert, thought partner and media liaison in the consumer healthcare space with a particular focus on supporting the nutrition science and dietary supplements team of a leading national trade association? Would you like a highly visible role and to work closely with a variety of key internal and external stakeholders in helping shape the communications strategy for a growing membership category?
If so, we have a very exciting opportunity for you! This position includes a competitive compensation package and benefits, an excellent working environment that fosters employee engagement, flexible scheduling and time-off options, and opportunities to grow and develop professionally.
Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA) is the 139-year-old, Washington, DC based national trade association representing the leading manufacturers and marketers of over-the-counter (OTC) medicines, dietary supplements, and consumer medical devices. CHPA is committed to empowering consumer self-care by preserving and expanding choice and availability of consumer healthcare products.
The Manager, Communications & Media Relations – is a newly-created position and will report to the Senior Director. In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Writing and editing a variety of editorial materials bound for public audiences, including press releases, statements, ad copy, byline articles, op-eds, presentations, publications, and education collateral.
- Working across all media (traditional and social) to strategically communicate healthcare messages.
- Identifying media opportunities and coordinating rapid responses to breaking news, events, issues, and crises as they arise.
- Maintaining awareness of general issues and the media environment to include the consumer healthcare industry, nutrition science trends and consumer behaviors.
- Working with staff, member companies and related organizations to develop positions, talking points, and press materials on issues of importance to the industry.
- Developing metrics to evaluate program success, reach and impact.
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, communications, or related
- 6+ years of experience in communications/media relations; experience with health sector preferred
- Experience developing content for all media, including broadcast, print, internet, and radio
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to create diverse content for a variety of audiences, including both highly technical and basic literacy levels
- Self-driven with the ability to multitask, balance competing priorities, deliver against tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and contribute to supportive working environment
Please send resume and letter of interest to Dan Gillick, firstname.lastname@example.org