Website Crosby Marketing Communications
Ready to Inspire Actions that Matter™? Crosby, one of the country’s leading independent communications firms, seeks a Public Relations Account Executive with strong media relations, writing, and project management skills. You’ll join a team that is doing national media engagement for a high-profile client that regularly garners top-tier coverage. Your daily work will help create the kind of change that keeps people healthy and makes a positive impact on their lives.
- Support media relations and reputation management programs for clients with a focus on healthcare and the federal government
- Execute national and regional media relations programs targeting consumer and industry media
- Lead media monitoring and analytics team, including coordinating multiple staff members, adjusting to accommodate shifting demands, and reporting to larger client team and client contacts
- Draft briefing documents, press releases, and associated marketing materials
- Build press lists, coordinate press interviews with clients, and track media clips
- Manage team timelines and deliverables, including supporting senior staff and interfacing with clients
- Pull analytics to assess program performance, create reports that communicate impact and make recommendations for continual improvements
- Support both clients and senior-level staff in navigating sensitive, high-profile, quick-turn situations
We’re looking for candidates with these qualifications:
- 2 to 3 years of public relations experience with a strong focus on media relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational and planning capability
- First-rate problem-solving skills and keen attention to nuance and detail
- Experience with public relations analytics and reporting, and familiarity with industry tools such as Cision and Critical Mention
- Ability to translate complex ideas into straightforward and compelling messages and associated content
- Interest in communicating around health topics and awareness of the health media landscape
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Experience working for healthcare organizations or the executive/legislative branches of government preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field, with relevant work experience
We offer generous benefits, bonus, and profit-sharing opportunities. This full-time position is in our Bethesda office.
Crosby is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Crosby Marketing Communications is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume via the web link above.