Website Fair Labor Association
The Digital and Social Media Manager will build and maintain FLA’s presence across relevant digital and social media platforms, including through the development of infographics, video, and other multimedia assets designed to engage audiences with FLA’s work. This position will be within the FLA’s Communications department and report to the Senior Director, Communications.
This position is based at the FLA office in Washington, D.C. Remote candidates may be considered.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- In coordination with the Senior Director, Communications, plan and execute a social media and digital outreach strategy to actively engage audiences with FLA’s work.
- Manage and grow FLA’s social media footprint, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other new and existing properties.
- Curate content from across FLA to deploy on social media, working across departments to identify and repurpose content and create organic campaigns that align with the organizational mission.
- Perform social listening tasks and analyze the conversations and trends happening around fair labor, ESG, and human rights, especially as they relate to FLA members; keep senior leaders apprised of issues and concerns.
- Advise senior leaders on policies and best practices for social media and encourage staff to use social media to amplify FLA messages.
- Collaborate with other members of the communications and knowledge management teams to support the development of FLA’s website.
- Design and edit visually appealing digital assets including social media graphics, infographics, short-form video, etc.
- Assist in the selection of compelling images for use in digital properties; edit and retouch photos as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- At least five years of experience in digital communications, including a minimum of two years in a social media management role.
- Exceptional understanding of the social media landscape, best practices, and social analytics tools and metrics.
- A demonstrated passion for storytelling and attention to detail.
- Experience creating compelling graphics and multimedia content.
- Familiarity with WordPress or a comparable web content management system.
- Keen ability to distill complex ideas and technical information into content appropriate for a lay audience.
- Experience with human rights and/or membership organizations strongly desirable.
Apply via FLA's Career Center: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c6f14a31-8de0-45d7-b429-a90525d403c0&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US&jobId=472080