Website Hager Sharp
Hager Sharp is seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our growing Education, Labor, and the Economy (ELE) practice, and deliver outstanding public relations services to our expanding portfolio of work with nonprofit clients and institutions of higher education.
The Senior Account Executive will be a major contributor to the success of several major accounts across the ELE sector. They will manage and support specific client projects and ensure that client needs are met under the supervision and guidance of senior leadership. They will also support operational and financial performance of account teams, ensuring quality work, effective processes, and responsiveness to ensure client requests are handled in timely and strategic fashion; support the development and execution of communications plans on behalf of clients; help identify new business leads and support the development of new business proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage specific client projects, as assigned by the project manager, which may include a mix of communications tactics, including communications planning, content creation, materials development, earned media outreach, special events planning and implementation, partnership development, digital and social media engagement
- Deliver excellent client service, including attending promptly to client requests, monitoring client satisfaction, keeping senior leaders abreast of progress, developing and seeking input on solutions for any issues that arise, and ensuring that all work performed is strategic, creative, innovative, and error-free
- Demonstrate an emerging expertise in strategic communications and media relations
- Support the review and ensure the high quality of strategic client deliverables
- Maintain timely and thorough understanding and awareness of key issues relating to client(s)
- Support project manager(s) with basic financial management functions, including development of budgets for task-specific projects and opportunities to grow the business, and designing budget trackers for accounts
- Support invoicing, and progress reporting and revenue forecasting
- Support efforts by senior leadership to generate new business leads through networking, relationship building, and prospecting
- Play a significant role in supporting proposals, presentations, and pitching, including contributing to development of the strategic approach, developing the program, writing and editing key sections, developing a strong relationship (where possible) with the prospective client(s), developing budgets, and managing the proposal team
- Establish and maintain strong relationships within each assigned client, as appropriate
- Support agency business development knowledge management activities, as assigned, including developing case studies, capabilities documents, and capabilities presentations
- Support the coordination and management of proposals and other business development efforts, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in communications or related field; experience in a communications agency or newsroom setting a plus
- Outstanding writing, editing, and interpersonal skills
- Interest in education, labor or economy issues a plus
- Proven skills in earned media outreach, strategic communications planning, rapid response and crisis communications, social media, partnership outreach, materials development, writing for various audiences, business development, and event planning and execution
- Demonstrated proficiency in communications and marketing tools (e.g., Cision)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Hager Sharp is an employee-owned firm (ESOP) known for its collegial, collaborative, and creative work environment. Hager Sharp is an independent marketing and communications agency owned by employees with a shared passion: Developing ideas that make a difference. We create award-winning campaigns that achieve results for organizations committed to improving health, advancing education, and transforming our communities—through communications that engage, motivate, and inspire in any and every medium that best reaches a particular audience, from earned to paid, digital to print, in-person to outdoor. If you’re looking for an agency where making a difference is in the DNA, come to Hager Sharp.
Employee benefits include health and dental insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, flexible spending plans, 401(k) plan, exercise facilities, holidays, paid personal and sick leave. Employees are also eligible for stock shares. Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Please apply via our website at: https://hagersharp.com/company/careers/