Website ICF Next
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Media Relations/Communications Specialist.
ICF Next is looking for an experienced, innovative, and highly motivated Media Relations Specialist. The candidate will help grow the capacity of ICF Next’s Media Relations Practice; develop and execute earned media strategies and tactics; and help our clients meet their critical communication. public awareness, and business goals. Strong candidates will have experience with developing strategic media plans; fostering and maintaining relationships with national, trade and local media outlets; pitching to national, trade and local media; generating earned and paid coverage using innovative techniques; counseling clients in managing negative news cycles, and coaching spokespeople on how to be quotable.
This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities to work with government and commercial clients and the chance to work in a dynamic, collaborative, and uniquely positioned organization. The team is based out of our Rockville, MD and Fairfax, VA offices and allows for a flexible schedule including telework.
As a Media Relations/Communications Specialist, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies to generate earned media outcomes that amplify impact and bring clear results for our clients.
- Maintain and foster client relationships and managing expectations.
- Stays abreast of current trends among traditional media professionals and social media influencers.
- Provide timely, media savvy support and data-driven, value-added recommendations to senior staff.
- Thinks holistically about client’s business; proactively and consistently brings ideas, pitch angles and new opportunities.
- Contribute to meeting and exceeding client expectations for developing media strategies, media lists, pitching, securing interviews, and generating media impressions.
- Contribute to media trainings/coachings and capacity building for a wide range of clients.
- Contribute to efforts by senior staff to foster new business opportunities.
- Collaborate across disciplines and serves as a media strategist on key accounts.
As a Media Relations/Communications Specialist, you will have the following qualifications:
- Must be a media relations professional with 5+ years of experience in developing earned media campaigns, preferably in an agency setting.
- Substantial knowledge of marketing, public relations, and integrated media.
- Experience with multichannel media approaches, media pitching and media monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience, results, and relationships with broadcast, radio, print and digital journalists is a must.
- Experience providing strategic or innovative recommendations to agency management, as well as in a client environment.
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong research and organizational skills.
- PR agency or government agency experience preferred.
- Success with being a team player with experience leading key projects or tasks.
- Self-starter, with ability to manage tasks and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
Job Location(s): Within the current landscape, this role will be supported remotely. This role will ultimately sit in our Rockville, MD or Fairfax, VA locations when remote working guidelines are lifted.