Website JCRC of Greater Washington
The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) of Greater Washington is the non-profit public affairs and community relations arm of the regional Jewish community, representing over one hundred Jewish organizations and synagogues and The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, in the nation’s capital region – the 3rd largest Jewish community in the United States.
The JCRC focuses on government relations, Israel advocacy and education, intergroup/interfaith relations, antisemitism, Holocaust commemoration and education, K-12 education outreach, security, and other matters. The JCRC serves as the representative of the Jewish community to the media, government officials, interfaith leaders, educators, law enforcement, community institutions and others.
The primary responsibility of the JCRC’s Director of Communications and Marketing is to manage and ensure the success of all JCRC communications and marketing strategies and activities, targeting both internal and external stakeholders. The Director will employ communications and marketing strategies to:
- Maximize JCRC’s media presence by enhancing the JCRC’s visibility, name recognition, and understanding of the organization’s mission, work and impact throughout the region.
- Manage/Write/design/edit compelling communications and marketing products for external stakeholders ( elected officials, interfaith leaders, educators, law enforcement officials, non-profit organizations, etc.)
- Manage/Write/design/edit compelling communications and marketing products for internal stakeholders (JCRC Board of Directors, donors, Jewish community leaders, activists, etc.) to ensure they are kept well informed of JCRC activities and to promote participation in JCRC’s mission and philanthropic engagement.
- Ensure consistent messaging while engaging in diverse communication strategies.
- Oversee JCRC’s Social Media Consultant, Officer Manager efforts’ concerning web content and design, and independent contractor(s) on development of annual report and other written materials.
- Participate in the development of a variety of other written projects and editing staff writings when necessary.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop, manage, and implement agency-wide annual communications plan and calendar while maintaining top-level consistent messaging.
- Launch and manage a robust media relations campaign, including but not limited to cultivating relationships with journalists and educating them about the JCRC’s mission and work, drafting media advisories, earning coverage of JCRC activities, facilitating “subject matter expert” interviews and quotes for the JCRC Director and Associate Director and pitching leadership op-eds for publication.
- Manage/design, write /edit external and internal stakeholder communications, including but not limited to press statements, weekly newsletters, speeches, JCRC Director communications, social media efforts, fundraising appeals and annual report.
- Plan and coordinate comprehensive communications and marketing strategy campaigns and products for JCRC programs including advocacy campaigns and annual fundraiser.
- Manage the relationship with the JCRC’s Social Media Consultant and collaboratively plan and design social media efforts that create informative content on all platforms to increase engagement and participation in JCRC efforts.
- Work collaboratively with office manager to maintain, update, and create content for agency website
Manage external photography and video production for all agency events, including annual end-of-year video.
- Maintain media clips collection and presentations
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director and Associate Director
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in non-profit communications, marketing and/or press relations.
Superb writing and editing skills, with demonstrated success in creating compelling content on a variety of platforms.
- Meaningful experience in media relations, preferably with Jewish, DC and/or national press.
Proficiency in (or ability to learn) Adobe Acrobat, Canva, InDesign.
- Experience in, and knowledge of, social media platforms.
- Familiarity and comfort with JCRC’s mission, the organized American Jewish community, Israel, and public policy and advocacy efforts.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently and rapidly shift priorities in response to developing events.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with and support other team members.
Extremely well organized, initiative-taking, focused, and meticulous.
- Able to work effectively in a remote environment (EST)and be present occasionally in the JCRC’s Rockville, Maryland offices.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and Sundays.
- College degree or higher.
Apply thru link: https://www.jewishjobs.com/job/jpu6py/jcrc%e2%80%99s-director-of-communications-and-marketing/remote/- or send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org