Website National Health Council
POSITION SUMMARY: Are you a storyteller? Want to make a difference in the lives of millions of people with chronic conditions and disabilities? The Senior Coordinator, Communications articulates the NHC’s and our members’ stories by providing writing and editing support for all National Health Council communications and promotional activities across a variety of platforms and formats.
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President of Communications & Governance
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Collaborates with all NHC staff and interacts with members at all levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Primary author of multiple NHC electronic newsletters. Provides back-up for the Manager, Digital Media on design and distribution.
· Collaborate with policy and programs team to write and/or edit content such as comment letters, white papers, research reports.
· Develop content including:
• Meeting/webinar/event promotional content, materials, and reports;
• Website copy and blog posts and maintain monthly blog editorial calendar;
• Membership and development collateral;
• Op-eds and letters to the editor; and
• Other communications materials as needed.
· Collaborate with the Manager, Digital Media on social media and other web-based content development.
· Assist SVP, Communications & Governance with projects to enhance and protect the NHC’s brand and reputation.
· Assist SVP, Communications & Governance in the management and engagement of the organization’s communications affinity group.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Excellent writing and editing skills with a keen attention to detail. Proficiency in AP and Chicago style and strong business writing skills.
· Excellent verbal communications skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PPT, specifically) and SharePoint; previous experience with Microsoft CRM and MailChimp preferred.
· Works well with others as part of a collaborative team but is also self-motivated with the ability to work proactively and independently.
· Ability to troubleshoot and work well under pressure.
· At least four years of experience in writing and editing, preferably translating complex information for a lay audience.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, English, creative writing, or related field.
Salary Range: Starting salary ranges between $55,000 plus commensurate with experience.
LOCATION: This position is in Washington, DC. The National Health Council supports a hybrid workplace. Employees must be able and willing to work on site at least two days per week.
Applicants should submit the following items to NHCPositions@nhcouncil.org with the subject “Senior Coordinator, Communications.” • Cover letter describing the applicant’s background in communications and salary requirements. • Resume • At least three writing samples or portfolio link • List of three references, with name, title, organization, email address and telephone number Applicants selected for an interview will be required to take a writing and editing test at the NHC office.