About Palladium: Palladium is a global company working to design, develop and deliver positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 4,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities.
This Opportunity: The Associate, Internal Communications, Americas Region Business Partnership (ARBP) will support employee engagement through transparent and effective communications at all levels of the Americas Region Business Partnership (ARBP). Informed by the internal communications component of the ARBP integrated communications strategy, the Associate will contribute to the development of and implement communications strategies, plans, and materials for the Americas team, including providing direct internal communications support to Palladium’s technical area portfolios. The Associate will serve as a resource for innovative storytelling to ARBP leaders and projects. The Associate will work in coordination with Palladium’s Global Communications team, which spans the Washington, D.C., Brisbane, and Dubai offices. The Associate will also provide ad hoc support to the external communications component of the integrated communication strategy.
Location: The position is based in Palladium’s Washington D.C. office.
You and Your Career: If you are a creative problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have expertise in communications, we are interested in hearing from you. We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision: The role reports to the Manager, Internal Communications. Reporting requirements include:
- Attendance at all regularly scheduled communications meetings and/or management team meetings
- Regular updates with your manager
- A monthly update on the status of your KRAs and any other important areas of concern
- Any other reporting as requested by your manager
The role is part of the Americas Region Business Partnership Communications team. The role will be required to liaise closely with managing partners, portfolio leads, business support unit managers, other employees, vendors, and possibly current or potential clients and partners.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of the Associate, Internal Communications – ARBP are:
- Support employee engagement and information sharing through management and publication of monthly Insider and Insider+ email newsletters for Americas staff, including both soliciting and creating content, shepherding through the review process, distributing, and archiving
- Produce weekly updates of lobby TV presentations for the Washington, D.C., and New York City offices, including creating content, shepherding through the review process, distributing, and archiving
- Coordinate non-newsletter email communications to Americas staff as needed, including writing, editing, formatting, proofing, distributing, and archiving
- Coordinate monthly communications orientation sessions for new hires, including attending, presenting, and responding to questions
- Coordinate Americas monthly Town Halls, including room set up, providing in-person technical/A/V support of online conferencing platform during and after meetings, and managing Q&A
- Capture, write, and share ARBP-wide updates through a variety of channels, including newsletters, meetings, email, Yammer, and other internal and external platforms, and using a variety of tools, including PowerPoints and video clips.
- Contribute to and support the corporate SharePoint platform, various databases, and other internal resources for communications, collaboration, or knowledge management as needed
- Support leadership messaging to the company by drafting the Americas managing partner message for INSIGHT, the monthly global internal (employee) newsletter
- Contribute to knowledge management by capturing and tracking communications-related key performance indicators (KPIs) in thought leadership, external publications, speaking engagements, and media mentions, using Palladium’s KPI tracker database
- Support Americas internal communications and knowledge management (KM), including disseminating messages to staff and contributing to the storage and sharing of knowledge on appropriate repositories on SharePoint and shared folders/drives
- Provide other communications support as requested, including developing non-newsletter messaging, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Lead/coordinate video and podcast production for the ARBP in collaboration with the manager, Internal Communications, and content contributor. This includes planning/storyboarding, writing, content creation, interview development, set-up and filming/recording, post-production editing, distribution, and archiving
- Coordinate with portfolio leads to develop, produce, and maintain a suite of communications products, including fliers, PowerPoint decks, and videos
- Provide coordination support to priority events and initiatives of the ARBP leadership and Business Development teams, including staffing and coordinating informational booths materials for recruiting and industry events, and developing social media messaging to promote the events
- Coordinate delivery of materials, including graphic design, editing, translation, professional printing, and other activities via internal resource-partners or external vendors
- Provide communications training to Americas Region headquarters office and project office staff as needed
- Support Global Communications as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Key Competencies Required:
- Experience in external communications, including public relations, branding, and/or marketing, or communications-related work, especially complex communications and storytelling
- Experience in video production and podcasting
- Experience in graphic design, especially Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in developing and managing internal communications and knowledge management (KM) strategies and plans
- The knowledge to create compelling and influential communications with a direct link to business results
- Proven track record of creating and implementing internal communications strategies and plans
- Experience using contemporary communications best practices
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Ability to manage and satisfy competing priorities from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex technical, managerial, or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge
- Outstanding interpersonal communications skills enabling the individual to work with people at all levels internally and externally and around the world
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and orally, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings
- Demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility in response to rapidly changing business environment
- Demonstrated development and use of collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated capacity for self-development and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage resources to drive high performance and efficiency
Professional Expertise/Competencies Preferred:
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Experience communicating with a global workforce
- Experience in international development and understanding and knowledge of USAID or donor organizations
- Experience living or working in developing countries
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status. Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Apply on our website (https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/17762?c=palladium) or via LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3424634585/).