Website Partnership for Public Service
The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a big mission: we’re working to ensure the federal government is dynamic, innovative and that it effectively serves the American people. We’ve got a great team that helps make it happen.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government.
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect.
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results.
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible.
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process. Are you ready to join our team?
The Associate Social Media Manager will be responsible for leading the organization’s overall social media engagement strategy, drafting content and posting to social media accounts, translating the Partnership’s programs and thought leadership into shareable social media content, and using analytics to evaluate and evolve the organization’s digital efforts.
The Associate Social Media Manager will work as part of an interdisciplinary communications team of graphic design, marketing, editorial, media, and events staff, and as a result should be able to collaborate with others and contribute ideas. This position will assist the team with writing tasks, including drafting and editing of news releases, e-newsletters, event invitations, web content and other forms of written communication, as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Craft original content for social media platforms that garners high engagement and represents the voice and brand of the Partnership for Public Service.
- Develop and lead the organization’s social media strategy.
- Successfully execute livestreaming events on social media (e.g., Facebook Live, Instagram), work with the programs team to develop content, and create a playbook for how to replicate in various circumstances.
- Oversee areas of video production work by managing external video and digital vendors and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on short-form video production.
- Identify compelling Partnership for Public Service moments in real time and share them effectively on social media platforms (e.g., live tweeting, Instagram stories).
- Identify and engage in trending topics and social media moments relevant to the Partnership’s mission with the goal of reaching new audiences and being a part of the conversation.
- Create toolkits to make it easy for internal and external stakeholders to amplify Partnership for Public Service content.
- Evaluate new media channels and establish a presence on any deemed worthy.
- Monitor, analyze and report on social media analytics.
- A proven track record of driving creative content and growing audiences for nonprofits, campaigns or corporations.
- Familiarity with trends and innovations in social and digital media.
- The ability to write creatively, clearly and compellingly for social media audiences.
- An eye for detail, impeccable grammar and concise messaging.
- Equipped to handle multiple projects at once, and operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Familiarity with analytics tools and methods for measuring success through data.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in.
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated passion for, and commitment to, public service, and an interest in the mission of the Partnership.
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent professional work or military experience.
- Minimum of two to four years of professional experience in social media or digital communications.
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Familiarity with Sprout Social, Hootsuite and Buffer a plus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Senior Communications Manager. This position may supervise interns.
This job operates in a professional office environment in Washington, DC, and at external venues, both local and out-of-state. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer and scanner. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, Partnership staff are currently working remotely.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening or weekend activities may be required as well. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, the Partnership is allowing maximum flexibility in work schedules.
If travel occurs, it is usually local to Washington, DC and during the business day. Some out-of-state and/or overnight travel may be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Partnership offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance; a 401(k) program with a 4 percent employer match; opportunities for training and development; 15 days of vacation leave per year, 10 days of sick leave per year, plus all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving off; and use of an on-site exercise facility.
The Partnership is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Please apply at https://ourpublicservice.org/careers/