Website Pew Charitable Trusts
Washington, DC (901 E), Associate I, Communications, Project Management Office, Communications
The Communications department supports leaders at all levels of the institution to promote project and campaign efforts, inform key audiences, and protect and advance Pew’s reputation. The department provides a comprehensive range of communications services for all programmatic and administrative units and Trusts-operated projects. Our in-house expertise includes: strategy and message development; editorial support; design and creative services; media event planning; digital and video production; and social media. The unit oversees all communications policies, guidelines, and processes in order to ensure production of the highest quality work and effectively steward Pew’s resources.
The associate I position is located in Washington, DC, and is a member of the project management team reporting to the associate manager, communications. The successful candidate will assist and work with the senior members of the project management team and will be responsible for managing the production workflow of various print, multimedia, and digital communications products as well as the packaging and publishing of content on Pew’s website. This individual will be responsible for project management, ensuring high-quality products and on-time deliverables. The position requires the ability to develop and maintain in-depth institutional knowledge of Pew and its initiatives.
- Project manage the content production process on a wide variety of digital, print, and multimedia products across the communications department.
- Set and maintain project timelines, identify stakeholders, secure approvals, and facilitate feedback among communications, editorial, multimedia, creative, and digital teams.
- Review and report progress, manage obstacles and project communication as well as document issues that affect the project and escalate to management, when needed.
- Coordinate with social media and email marketing team when planning product releases.
- Coordinate, review and post content on the Pew website as needed, using best practices for optimizing digital content.
- Work together with more senior project managers to define scope, resource requirements, initial project estimates, and timelines on large strategic projects.
- Consult with manager to anticipate bottlenecks during high-production times and work closely with all relevant teams to manage expectations with stakeholders, propose solutions where needed, and help prioritize product delivery when necessary.
- Attend planning meetings and build relationships across departments.
- Contribute to communications department tasks as well as broader Pew-wide projects and/or committees as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, required.
- Experience managing projects in an agency environment, and delivering content within editorial, multimedia, creative, and digital environments a plus.
- At least one year of professional experience of website management, digital marketing, and/or project management experience.
- Demonstrated time and project management skills, including an ability to meet deadlines by identifying resources for digital projects and maintaining a high level of organization.
- Strong oral communication skills and the ability to work individually and in groups to meet goals.
- Familiarity with website management and best practices for optimizing digital content and user experience. Possess an interest in learning new technologies, techniques, and practices.
- Knowledge of project and resource management software, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML editor, and web analytics software. Experience with WorkFront (formerly AtTask) or similar platform strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with groups to meet goals.
Minimal travel anticipated.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply Online at: https://www.click2apply.net/G7J2BpcDG5XpcEByhwqEo