Website Pew Charitable Trusts
Washington, DC (901 E)
This Communications position reports to a senior manager of digital strategy based in Pew’s Washington, DC, offices, and is eligible for up to 60% telework.
Are you eager for a mission-driven job worthy of your digital skills and experience? With generous benefits and work-life balance, this position is a chance to put your talents to work for causes you care about.
In this role, you’ll …
- Manage the daily maintenance and production of pewtrusts.org.
- Works closely with communications colleagues to produce content across Pew’s portfolios.
- Utilize good editorial judgment and initiative.
- Format content for the website; review copy to be error-free for publishing; use digital assets to increase engagement and add value to web pages, including selecting and cropping photos; embedding graphics and multimedia; updating existing content; and cross-promoting content across Pew’s website using its content management system.
- Implement search engine optimization practices in daily content, using best industry practices and review of relevant current events.
- Produce analytics reports and analysis supporting the greater digital strategy initiatives as well as institutional reporting.
- Ensure content is produced according to best practices and is designed to optimize the display and distribution of the work.
- Monitor and update the website to ensure pages remain current and accurate
- Work within Pew’s digital editorial process and project management system.
- Assist with technology enhancements and testing
- Help train and assist colleagues with the content management system and other tools; development guidance documents and document standards as needed
- Develop deep understanding of Pew’s digital properties, primarily pewtrusts.org, to master content packaging for optimal performance and audience engagement. Assist with strategic digital initiatives and broader institutional digital projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of one year of professional experience including experience producing content in a CMS in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with an emphasis on writing and editing for the Web.
- Ability to produce content on deadline and experience working with project management systems.
- Experience working with HTML and the ability to perform basic troubleshooting. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills. Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience working with Sitecore or a similar content management system.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics and the Facebook and Twitter pixels.
- Ability to analyze data from all digital channels, drawing insights from the data to inform future recommendations and strategies.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and ability to recognize, employ and encourage best practices in writing and producing for the web.
- Experience with email software such as Sales Force Marketing Cloud a plus.
Minimal travel expected.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.