Website Pew Charitable Trusts
Washington, DC (901 E)
Senior Associate, Communications
Digital Strategy: International Ocean Conservation (Hybrid)
This Communications position reports to a manager of digital strategy based in Pew’s Washington, DC, offices, and is eligible for up to 60% telework.
Are you eager for a mission-driven job worthy of your digital strategy skills and experience? With generous benefits and work-life balance, this ocean-conservation focused position is a chance to put your social media, email, advertising, writing, and other talents to work for causes you care about.
In this role, you’ll …
- Develop and execute on a variety of cross-channel digital outreach strategies with project managers, designers, multimedia experts, and other communications pros
- Manage social media accounts
- Lead email outreach for Europe-focused work
- Build relationships with internal program teams and develop a deep understanding of program needs, goals, and priorities, while identifying new opportunities for achieving project goals.
- Ensure regular social media and email presence for each program.
- Develop and refine copy for a variety of digital content.
- Manage Pew Europe Twitter and Facebook accounts, including daily monitoring, publishing, interacting and redefining account strategy.
- Monitor social media for mentions of Pew and its campaigns, news and exchanges that could inspire new content.
- Depending on campaign requirements, act as a day-to-day digital and/or functional lead on a variety of digital campaign activities.
- Collaborate with communications staff on the development of digital content.
- Assist with the planning and development of editorial calendars.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Generally, 4 years of professional experience with progressive responsibility for developing integrated digital strategy and campaign execution.
- Ability to develop cross-channel digital content strategies that meet organizational goals.
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively.
- Exceptional skill with written and verbal communications and ability to effectively communicate strategic recommendations, digital strategy, campaign goals, objectives, and performance-measurement methods.
- Working knowledge of the social and digital ecosystem, including working relationships with social platforms and partners.
- Experience developing content concepts and then turning those concepts into effective, channel-specific copy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to occasionally work a flexible schedule to ensure support for Pew’s international campaigns and to provide support during breaking-news situations.
Minimal travel expected.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.