Website PRSA National Capital Chapter (NCC)
*Unpaid but includes benefits such as free access to professional development events and engagement opportunities.
Summer internship with the opportunity to extend to December 2021.
Position description below. To apply, please send your resume and any other relevant links, for example a portfolio or relevant examples, to Carley Brierre, PRSA NCC website lead.
The Public Relations Society of America’s National Capital Chapter (PRSA NCC) is the nation’s largest PRSA chapter and represents nearly 1,000 Washington, D.C., area communications professionals. Our members and their expertise span a wide variety of professional areas including government, academia, nonprofits, agency and more. PRSA NCC connects communications professionals and provides access to high-quality professional development and networking events.
About this Role
As our Digital Communications Intern, you would support our Marketing and Communications Committee in developing and delivering high-quality, relevant content to our network of communications professionals. This role would be an excellent opportunity for a D.C.-area communications student to expand their digital communications skills to assist PRSA NCC in managing our website and social media presence.
Responsibilities may include:
- Updating website content
- Editing member-contributed blogs
- Drafting social media content and scheduling appropriately
- Analyzing website traffic data
- Other marketing and communications responsibilities as needed
- Current undergraduate or graduate student studying communications, public relations or a related discipline at a D.C. area college or university
- Interest in pursuing a career in public relations, communications or marketing post-grad
- A detail-oriented individual with strong organization and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of PRSA’s Code of Ethics
- Experience with WordPress or other content management system
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Experience with Google Drive and accompanying apps
- Familiarity with AP style
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus
PRSA NCC’s Digital Communications Intern would report to the chair of PRSA NCC’s Marketing and Communications Committee. The internship is an educational experience for a college student, PRSSA preferred. The internship will be up to 10-15 hours a week and payment will be provided via a stipend. This internship is available immediately until the end of December and is an unpaid opportunity; however, the individual selected would receive complimentary access to PRSA NCC educational, professional development and networking opportunities for the term of this internship.
To apply, please send your resume and any other relevant links, for example a portfolio or relevant examples, to Carley Brierre at firstname.lastname@example.org.