Website Smithsonian Institution
In this position, you will:
- assist in managing online media inquiries by preparing media inquiry memo and then scheduling interviews among curator and reporters
- assist OPA staff with communication asset writing
- Research, write and edit news releases, fact sheets, photo credits and pitch letters/emails designed to attract media coverage for the museum
- develop targeted pitch lists in consultation with senior media team members.
- Lead scheduling and logistics for OPA’s earned media events and prepare memo for staff review and team awareness.
- when appropriate, establish and maintain contacts with individuals, organization representatives and outside groups desiring contact with or access in the museum’s staff or facilities.
- Represent the OPA at meetings inside and outside the organization as needed
- Experience: You qualify for this position if you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal Service. For this position, specialized experience is defined as demonstrated experience responding to oral and written requests for information from members of the media; coordinating filming and photography for media events; managing research projects and preparing media reports on behalf of a cultural institution.