Website University of Maryland
The College of Education at the University of Maryland is conducting a search for a Communications Specialist. The communications specialist is a key member of the College’s marketing and communications team. The position reports to and works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and implement strategic and creative strategies that align with and support the College’s vision and strategic priorities.
The communications specialist will identify newsworthy stories and write/edit press releases and articles that showcase the College’s research, programs, student experience, alumni, community partnerships and more. This
individual will also help create content for the website, social media, digital screens and other marketing and communications materials, as needed.
The communications specialist will manage the College’s website and social media accounts, help organize key College events, and steward the College’s brand. The communications specialist will help with the team’s media relations efforts by pitching story ideas to reporters, coordinating and staff interviews, and tracking media placements. The communications specialist will maintain positive relationships with CoE students, faculty and staff, as well as key stakeholder groups across campus.
• BA or BS degree in communications, marketing or related field
• 5-7 years of experience in communications and/or marketing
• Familiarity with social media platforms and media monitoring services
• Experience working with the media
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Superior project management and time management skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Familiarity with websites and website content management systems
• Knowledge of writing, editing, proofreading and tenets of journalism, including AP style
• Excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail
• Self-motivated, with growth mindset
• Ability to effectively communicate to diverse audiences
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Web applications for interested candidates will be accepted through the University of Maryland’s Job Posting Board, https://ejobs.umd.edu beginning June 8, 2022. Applications will be accepted through July 29, 2022, with a best consideration date of July 15, 2022.