Website Vanguard Communications
Vanguard Communications is a small, Hispanic woman-owned public relations firm that leverages the power of public relations and communications to educate the public about important issues of our time. We are a diverse team of communicators who apply our range of skills, subject area expertise and different ways of thinking to opportunities our clients face. We focus on causes that align with diversity, equity and inclusion; health and wellness; youth and families; social justice; and education and environment, to name a few.
We work in a team-based, mostly remote work environment where motivated, creative and collaborative individuals thrive. We encourage continuous learning and mentoring, and create opportunities for team members to stretch, learn and grow. If this mission and culture inspire you, please read on!
As a Senior Account Supervisor, you will serve as the primary project manager and key contact on client accounts; provide strategic counsel; develop and manage budget and project timelines to ensure client deliverables are on time, of quality, and within budget; and assign staff to appropriate tasks.
The Senior Account Supervisor will be responsible for identifying opportunities to increase client success and impact, including developing integrated communications strategies and materials and presenting recommendations to the client, with a focus on audience engagement, cultural responsiveness and clear calls to action. This opportunity will provide the ability to expand knowledge of the many facets of strategy and content development with nonprofit and government clients whose missions align with social change.
As part of the Vanguard team, you may be asked to serve as task lead on a range of communications campaigns and materials and provide a full breadth of technical communications support to clients and client stakeholders. You will be an active member of Vanguard’s diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) communications practice and apply a DEI framework to all your work. The intersectionality of your professional and lived experiences from your identity communities provide valued, welcomed insights and counsel that enhance clients’ authentic communication strategies and approaches. You also will develop well-written thought leadership content; provide digital strategy counsel; and/or co-lead various communications planning efforts.
This position has the option of being remote or hybrid with in-person workspace available in Vanguard’s Washington, DC, office.
- Coordinate client management services and strategic guidance in support of large-scale client projects.
Develop and manage budget and project deliverable timelines.
- Serve as primary point of contact with client and client stakeholders.
- Identify and foster opportunities for new business with current and potential clients.
- Assign staff to appropriate tasks based on career level, expertise and interest.
- Manage internal teams, including 2–3 project staff.
- Work closely with clients and team members to ensure final work products and contract deliverables exceed client expectations.
- Provide day-to-day management and quality oversight across all aspects of work.
- Create communications campaigns from conception to execution for multiple audiences.
- Provide integrated communications strategic guidance and support around the development of communication plans, campaigns and materials.
- Develop culturally responsive communications campaigns and materials for underserved populations.
- Apply innovative approaches for engaging diverse identity communities for various client communications and marketing projects.
- Write and edit content for various audiences at varying literacy levels using multiple communication platforms (e.g., web content, outreach products, social media content, print materials).
- Contribute to proposals, pitches and presentations.
- Ensure all deliverables are clear, concise and timely.
- Provide excellent customer service, professionalism and attention to detail.
- Manage deliverables for multiple clients with a range of priorities and deadlines.
- Contribute thought leadership and support other client and corporate initiatives as requested and/or needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
There may be opportunities for travel to client sites for meetings, conferences and events based on project needs and budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public relations, journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum 9 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to analyze, condense and present data to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Project and budget management experience.
- Experience establishing and growing client relationships.
- Experience working for government entities and nonprofit organizations.
- Advanced understanding of strategic communications planning or social marketing.
- Experience developing and implementing campaigns for diverse identity communities.
- Prior agency experience is a plus.
- Additional language skills are a plus.
Attributes for Success
Vanguard wants its employees to succeed, and we look for candidates who demonstrate the following values:
- People-First. To everyone with whom our work intersects, we are inclusive, respectful and accountable.
- Motivated. We make it our job to be informed, yet constantly seek ways to learn more and work smarter.
- Impactful. Because progress can be achieved by both large- and small-scale changes, we integrate both in our work.
- Truthful. Integrity and transparency define our reputation and are the backbone of client relationships.
- Friendly + Fun. We value each other’s time, talents, personalities and contributions to our culture of inclusion.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range is 100–125K per year, commensurate with experience.
- A Vanguard-issued laptop will be provided.
- Excellent benefits, including remote working, 401(k)/profit sharing, professional membership, professional development, paid family leave and employee assistance program.
Please submit a cover letter and resume through the “Work with Us” page on the Vanguard Communications website: www.vancomm.com/work-with-us/as-an-employee.