PRSA NCC Announces 2022 Leadership
WASHINGTON (Nov. 22, 2021) – PRSA NCC, the nation’s largest and most active chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), today announced its incoming leaders for 2022. Elected by the members, the 2022 Board of Directors is responsible for the governance and financial oversight of the organization.
The 2022 board will be led by President Robert Krueger, executive communications manager for Gensler and executive director of The Communications Board. In his tenure as a chapter leader, Robert has chaired the chapter’s programming committee, and co-chaired the Professional Development committee for four years. He is also a 2016 recipient of the chapter’s Diamond Award, an annual honor for a volunteer who offered the most extraordinary contributions to the chapter during a single year. In addition to his philanthropic activities, Robert has taught communications at universities including George Mason University, West Virginia University and the University of Florida.
“I am looking forward to leading PRSA NCC into this emerging new era of communications,” said Krueger. “Association research has shown that events serve as the number one engagement point and reason for professionals in deciding to renew their memberships. And I believe by increasing the focus on meaningful and quality programming, we can position the chapter for sustained growth in the years to come.”
The 2022 PRSA NCC Board of Directors members are:
- Robert Krueger, Executive Communications Manager, Gensler & Executive Director, The Communications Board
- Leah Dergachev, Senior Director, External Communications, Olive
- Jaya Koilpillai Bohlmann, APR, Founder and Chief Consultant, Designing Communication
- Karin Drinkhall, APR, Deputy Director of Integrated Communications, Barbaricum
Vice-President, Two-Year Term
- Vickie Gogo, APR, Senior Partner, Multicultural Communications, ICF Next
- Larry Parnell, Associate Professor and Program Director, The George Washington University
Vice-President, One-Year Term
- Michelle “Mischa” Sindyukov, Senior Consultant, APCO Worldwide
- Diti Bhasin, Director of Digital Strategies & Equity Programs, Flexibility
- Crystal Borde, Vice President and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Practice Lead, Vanguard Communications
- Patty Nicastri, Senior Digital Content Strategist, Fors Marsh Group
- Carol Wilkerson, Press Director, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Josh Wilson, Director of Strategic Communications, Children’s National Hospital
- Thomas Becher, APR, Director of Marketing & PR Services, ECU Communications
- Rachelina Bonacci, Public Information Officer, Maryland Stadium Authority
- Patricia A. Hernandez, Ph.D., Communication Program Coordinator, Johns Hopkins University Advanced Academic Programs
Immediate Past President
- Lauren Lawson-Zilai, Senior Director, Public Relations, Goodwill Industries International
PRSA NCC supports communication professionals in the Washington area by fostering collaboration, enhancing knowledge and skills and creating connections through robust, innovative and inclusive educational, networking and professional growth opportunities.
About PRSA’s National Capital Chapter
The PRSA National Capital Chapter (PRSA NCC) is an association of communications professionals in the Metropolitan Washington region. As the largest PRSA chapter in the country, NCC advances the local communications profession by fostering collaboration, enhancing knowledge and skills and creating connections through robust, up-to-date, and inclusive educational, networking, and professional growth opportunities. For more information, please visit prsancc.org, or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.